Sunday, December 14, 2008

Education Bubble

"[...] the people that need help now are not leaches. They are not, as a group, stupid or even any greedier than any other consumer in this culture. They are not shiftless or lazy or in any other manner inferior."

So what are they/we? Suckers for the "American Dream" BS? For all the reasons you mention, I think higher education will be the next bubble to pop.--Anonymous Comment


What are they/we? I'm not sure. I think it's possible that anyone from the working poor through the upper middle class can or does fall into this, to some extent.

I think you may be right about the higher education bubble. It seems our society is in for some shifting and restructuring and the growing pains (assuming that we are progressing, somehow) may be widespread.

I'd love to hear more about what you forecast. :o)

1 comment:

  1. "I'd love to hear more about what you forecast. :o)"

    I'd like to as well.

    I came across this article tonight. I haven't read it all yet, but thought of your education entry and decided to post it here.

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo158.html

    ReplyDelete