Sunday, December 19, 2010

#mooreandme

So, I had a (very abbreviated) discussion with @WikiLeakTweets on Twitter today. It was rather anticlimactic.

One thing that stood out to me though, was WLT stating that zie did not propagate rape culture. Being the optimistic, hopeful sort (which is probably why I get so depressed when faced with the horrors people are capable of), I'm inclined to believe that the person on the other end of my argument truly believes what zie stated. I think that most people are very much in the dark about how our social systems support the rape and abuse of women (i.e. rape culture) and how they contribute to that.

So, for those interested in learning more, the link in the previous post is a great one. Here are some more:

Rape Culture FAQ by Melissa McEwan on a site full of great info.
Harriet J over at Fugitivus has a great breakdown of aspects of this.
And an always great one over at the sorely-missed Shapely Prose.

Anyway,my twitter profile links to my blog, so I thought it might be good to make it as easy as possible to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment