Sunday, April 11, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I'm so very happy.

When the endodontist finished the root canal, he purposely filed the remainder of the tooth down so it couldn't be used as a chewing surface before I have the crown put on... which would probably be no big deal, except that it leaves me with no chewing surfaces. I can bite the heck out of food, but can't chew.

So that's left me with a very limited diet. I can see where people who have fewer choices in food would end up with serious, life-threatening issues. Fortunately, I am not one of those people.


I've been living on Greek yogurt and powerade for several days now. To put it mildly, I am tired of eating sweet flavors. And I'm even more tired of preparing meals I can't eat. I'm also dropping weight in a rather unhealthy way... so even though I have nothing against being thin, I do dislike the idea of wrecking my metabolism or causing some sort of nutrient deficiency.

Today I was grocery shopping and feeling a little frustrated about finding something not sweet and not in need of molar grinding action. First I realized: hey! Scrambled eggs! And then, as I was lamenting my deficit of B vitamins and carbs, I thought of grits. Cheesy, buttery, salty and peppery grits.

So that's what I just ate. Cheesy scrambled eggs over grits. After endless meals of greek yogurt, this was probably one of the best meals ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment