Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hausfrau Joy

I have several subjects waiting for long, wordy, quasi-intellectual rants.

But those subjects will have to wait.

Right now there's just too much excitement in "The Little Life" (a favorite concept of my lit and art professors, back in the ol' Jr. College days).

Yesterday G had her 2nd grade Thanksgiving production. She played the part of the "T" - and did a mighty fine job.






Today I must do my T-day Costco shopping because I need to be at home all day tomorrow.

Why?

I'm glad you asked.

Tomorrow the fine folks at Lowe's will be delivering my new Whirlpool range. It's my Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas present from my awesome husband.





When we moved into our house, a year-and-a-half ago, I was dismayed to discover that the stove in the kitchen was... what's the word... wonky. The burners were perpetually crooked, no matter what I did to try to level them (it didn't help that they didn't sit in the reflection bowls properly and I think the connecters were crooked) and there didn't seem to be any predictibility to the temp of the oven. So I've been coping, since then, while hunting classifieds looking for a used range. A year (plus) of looking wasn't getting me closer to something usable... and NOW... I get a brand-spankin-new one. Delivered. And they'll take away my hated old one. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment