Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm so bad!

So tonight, as I was singing bedtime songs to G-Rex, she showed me a little cup of beads she had accumulated and told me that she had drawn out three in a row - all red!

I couldn't resist.

I told her, "You know, if you take that cup downstairs and say, 'Daddy, will you teach me about probability and statistics?' I bet you'll get to stay up for an extra hour!" I made her practice saying "probability and statistics."

Sure enough.

Mr. Geeky McEngineer had to get all involved in a lesson... but managed to pull away so he could play StarCraft with his brother. G-Rex is still up. And probably will be for a few more hours, playing with her cup of beads, surrepticiously watching the Olympics.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to play StarCraft but I can't you know why...I'm in BAGHDAD with a shitty laptop thats has a viseo card that fails everytime he tries to load anything other than solitare! I hate my laptop and I am so glad I only have three weeks left here in this country and four months left after that on Diego Garcia! I want normallcy I want to play StarCraft and WarCraft and watch real TV!
    ok...better now...I'm glad your daughter had that moment with her father...what were you singing?

    ReplyDelete