Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"24 Hours" is a Couple of Weeks... Right?

It's been a week and a half, now, since Bayba contracted one of those "24 hour" stomach flu bugs. Knowing, as I do that the "24 hour stomach flu" is none of the things mentioned in its name, and that Super G came down with it shortly after Bayba, my first thought was that the culprit was probably the Wal Mart spiral-sliced ham I had skeptically made for dinner (I'm telling you, there was something funky about that ham... I couldn't eat any of it). However, the poor wasted ham (I threw that baby OUT) was innocent. I know because I managed to get this flu, too.

Let me tell ya - puke fests are limited fun at best, but add explosive diarrhea, 8+ months of pregnancy and non-functioning joints to the mix and you have a recipe for a party beyond the pale vestiges of Stephen King's imagination. I'm sure I've maxed the TMI meter already, so I'll leave it at that.

Yesterday I was finally functioning enough to move, so I sanitized every surface of my house as best I could. Super G vomited again, last night, though, so I'm guessing that yesterday won't qualify as my last big cleaning jag of this pregnancy. However, I did let G go to school today. After keeping her home for several days, I kind of reached an impasse. She seemed fine during the day. Pukes at night. I would imagine that all the other parents at the school would prefer that she stay away... but she's begging to go back... She appears healthy. *sigh* So I let her go.

No comments:

Post a Comment