Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day

We awoke, this morning, to behold a winter wonderland - a landscape transformed by epic blankets of snow.

Well... the "awoke this morning" part is true... epic snowfall. Eh... apparently 1/2" counts out here. All the schools in the greater metro area are closed. I find it rather amusing that banks and stores can afford to close their doors for a day for, yes, 1/2" of snow. Whatever. I'm not complaining. I get to have both kids home today.

We had to spend the first part of the morning playing in the snow, of course, and now they're watching Swan Lake, drinking hot chocolate and eating apples while I bake bread and chocolate chip cookies. It should be a pretty good day.

Meanwhile, I finally got around to uploading my December and January photos. Here are a few from this week:



This is my Dynamatrix, Bayba, wearing a little overall outfit that my mother made and I wore when I was Bayba's age. During our Christmas Homeland Adventure, my mom gave me a box of clothes - most of which she made for me throughout my childhood. The girls and I are having SO much fun with them.



Here's G-ster in a Sailor Dress my mother made for me. Of all the treasures in the box, this dress has to be the most sentimentally loaded, for me. I love seeing G in it. Thanks Mom!


When I was about 5, my Mom made matching dresses for my sisters and me. I think this one must have been my younger sister's because I wore my version of the dress for my kindergarten "school" picture (I was homeschooled that year). So, Sis, if you contest my ownership of this dress, I'll happily mail it to you.


Which brings us to today... the mighty Snow Day. Bayba discovered that snow sticks to knitted mittens.


Yes, I do have the most beautiful children ever.


G and Bayba attempting to build a snowman from our epic snowfall.

Well, my yeast must be proofed by now. Better get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment