Sunday, September 28, 2008

Men do Sports, Women ... ?

Do me a favor:

Next time you visit your favorite bookstore, do a recon mission on the magazine organization and report back to me.

Yesterday, at Barnes & Noble in the Vancouver Plaza, I hunted through the Sports section of the periodicals for fitness magazines. They had all the sports genre mags. And Fitness magazines for men. I know there are fitness magazines aimed at women. And that most of them are put out as "sister" magazines to the men's versions. Where were they?

Oh, that's right. In a different aisle, filed under Women's Interests. With the Wedding magazines and Fashion fluff.

I'd love to hear if this is a universal bookstore organizational method... and if anyone else has noticed.

1 comment:

  1. C'mon don't you know already women couldn't possibly walk into a bookstore and only want a fitness magazine. They have got to care about the ' fairy tale wedding dream', homemaking, and fashion.

    Seriously, a 'smart girl' like yourself ought to know that by now. *wink*

    Ok end snark. I haven't paid that much attention before. I'll have to check out my local Borders next time I venture in there. I usually head right for the tattoo mags so, they are really far away from the fitness. LOL! They're all mixed up with "High Life," "Assault Rifles" and other less accepted genres. heh

    ReplyDelete